Scheduling articles for publication is crucial in content management, ensuring your audience receives consistent updates. This article provides a detailed guide on preparing and scheduling articles generated by Koala.sh for publishing on a WordPress website, focusing on the final cleanup, formatting adjustments, and scheduling for optimal audience engagement.
Preparing the Article for Publishing
Final Cleanup and Formatting Adjustments: Before an article is ready for scheduling, it undergoes a final review stage where it is essentially compiled but requires addressing cleanup items. This process includes:
- Converting to Blocks: Transition from the classic editor to the block editor by clicking the designated button, enhancing the article’s layout and readability.
- Grammar and Spelling Checks: Utilize tools like Grammarly to make corrections highlighted in red and blue, ensuring the content is error-free and polished.
- Updating Media File Names: With the aid of the Media File Renamer plugin, update the generic names of uploaded images to more descriptive titles, improving SEO and user experience.
- Adding an Eye-catching Featured Image: Select or create a featured image that is attention-grabbing and relevant to the article content, aiming to increase click-through rates.
Checklist for Additional Formatting Issues: A checklist approach helps identify and resolve any remaining formatting issues, ensuring consistency with the site’s requirements. This includes:
- Verifying all formatting aligns with the site’s guidelines.
- Ensuring all Grammarly suggestions have been addressed.
- Updating file names using the Media File Renamer plugin for SEO optimization.
- Choosing a featured image that complements and enhances the article.
Enhancing Article Quality
Media and Graphics Integration: Incorporating relevant media and custom graphics can significantly enhance the article’s value, making it more engaging and informative for the reader. Custom graphics should be contextually relevant, adding depth and clarity to the content.
Internal Linking for Improved SEO and User Experience: Strategically include internal links within the article to boost SEO and provide readers with additional valuable resources. This involves:
- Selecting relevant categories that match the article’s content.
- Ensuring internal links are relevant and add value to the reader, using appropriate anchor text for seamless integration.
Scheduling and Publishing
Deciding on the Publication Date:
Once the article is fully prepared and formatted according to the guidelines, the next step is to determine the appropriate publication date. If there’s no content scheduled for the current day, publishing immediately is recommended. Otherwise, schedule the article for the next available slot, typically at 10 am, to maintain a consistent content flow.
Managing the Content Flow:
Handling multiple articles requires efficient management to ensure timely publication. Anticipate scheduling between six to ten articles per day, focusing on prioritizing tasks and maintaining a steady flow of content to the audience.
The process of scheduling articles generated by Koala.sh involves meticulous preparation, from final cleanup and formatting to enhancing article quality with relevant media and internal linking.
By following this comprehensive guide, content managers can efficiently prepare and schedule articles for publishing, ensuring a consistent and engaging experience for their audience. Remember, the goal is not only to maintain the uniqueness of the content but also to present it in a polished, reader-friendly format that meets the site’s standards and enhances user engagement.